Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CWX - Message auto-repeat function request

IW7DMH, Enzo
IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
edited June 2019 in New Ideas
Hello,

as I am mostly a CW operator I would like to have, in next SSDR releases, an "auto-repeat" message function in CWX.
I am finding it a bit annoying having to click every time F1 to repeat my call message.
It also might be useful defining a meta-language to be used in the hot key messages (something like {WAIT 5} just as an example).

Thank you very much
73' Enzo
iw7dmh

Comments

• W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    good idea, Enzo....73, w5xz, dan

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Enzo,
    Here is a workaround you can try.....

Setup up the memory with your call repeated several times separated by about 25 spaces.

- 25 spaces gives about 3-4 seconds between calls at 22 WPM
    - in the example press F1 to start sending your call
    - press ESC to stop
    - you still can listen between calls
    - it won't repeat forever but that may be a good thing

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• IW7DMH, Enzo
    IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Thank you vey much dear Al,

it works perfectly! :)
    At the beginning I was a bit hesitant, but my 6300 is proving to be a real astonishing cw machine.

Hope to see you on air.

73' Enzo
    iw7dmh

• W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Al, what I'd like is the ability to go into 'beacon mode' on a dead or just opening band; send
    "CQ CQ CQ DX de W5XZ W5XZ W5XZ DX K" then pause 15 - 30 seconds, and repeat...

Trolling we call it on top band, i think....73, w5xz, dan

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Dan,
    Yes, a "delay and auto- repeat" feature would be a better solution for what you want.

There could be some issues unless the repeat command had a limit on the maximum number of repeats.  

There is another option --- You could use a "keyboard simulator."  But unless you do this a lot it may be more trouble than its worth.   Here is one example that has the delay and repeat feature and it is free.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Keyboard-Mouse-Simulator.shtml

After you set it up, use CWX in the LIVE mode.   Might be fun to try.....

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.