Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Listening to Digital Mode TX audio

Al K0VM
Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in New Ideas
Although SSDR does not currently have a means of monitoring your digital mode TX audio, Windows 7/8 can help by branching the DAX TX audio to the default system sound card. 

Starting in the lower right hand corner of your desktop, right click on the speaker symbol and select 'Recording devices'.image
In the resulting 'Audio device manager' window find and select  'DAX Reserved Audio TX1'  Properties.  Then navigate to the Listen tab and check the 'Listen to this device'  box.  image
Note the 'Playback through..' is set to Default playback device...(  likely your MB system sound card.)

The above steps will branch the DAX TX audio to your system sound card  BUT it will be VERY LOUD...

...ADJUSTING the TX Monitor Volume....

Left click on the speaker symbol to bring up the Windows mixer panel. From the sound devicesimage
find your system default device and left click on 'Mixer'.
Find the 'DAX RESERVED AUDIO TX1' slider and adjust the monitor volume to you taste
( while transmitting ).   I have mine set to 2

AL, K0VM

Comments

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I like it!

Don - kx9q

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.