Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Issue with my 6500 on 20M

Keith Pawley
Keith Pawley Member ✭✭
edited November 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am having a problem with my 6500 on 20M (software V1.2.1) I use the ATU to tune the radio which is fine the receive is normal at this time but as soon as I key the mike then De key the mike I have interference at peaks right across the band I have downgraded  to V1.0.0 software and the issue still remains.
Please see picture after de keying the mike back on receive.
Any ideas guys would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Do you get the same thing on a dummy load / different antenna??   Only on 20m ? 
    Does toggling ANT1>ANT2>ANT1 change anything ??

Al, K0VM
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hello Keith, I don't know if this is the problem but I notice you have the mic gain up all the way and you have the graphic EQ set all the way up from 1K and above.  Maybe for this test switch off the EQ until this issue is resolved.

Do you have the +20dB preamp turned on in the SETTINGS>RADIO>PHONE tab?  Maybe if you turned on the +20B preamp you could turn down the mic gain and for starters turn down the processor to NOR mode.  See if any of that helps....

Dennis, k0eoo
  • Keith Pawley
    Keith Pawley Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Hi thanks for the quick replys I have the same fault with a different antenna also with mic gain down
    and the preamp is off and it is only 20M I have the issue.

M0PAW 
  • Keith Pawley
    Keith Pawley Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Also same fault with antenna connected to no 2 Ariel connector on the back of the flex.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Keith,
        It would seem to me that it is unique enough that it could be a hardware problem and that Flex helpdesk would be in-order.

Al, K0VM
  • Keith Pawley
    Keith Pawley Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    My thoughts exactly I will get in touch with them today.
  • Keith Pawley
    Keith Pawley Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Thanks all M0PAW Keith Pawley.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.