Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I am having trouble transmitting RTTY via MMTTY

Bill AA7XT
Bill AA7XT Member
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am using the latest version of SmartSDR and MMTTY v1.66G.  I am in DIGL mode and have selected DAX channel 1 in Slice RX A and selected the DAX button in the P/CW window.  I am able to decode RTTY signals in MMTTY OK but cannot TX.  I suppose I need to get the PTT signal from SmartSDR to MMTTY but cannot figure out how to do this.  Have Googled to no avail.  Help!

Comments

• NZ8J
    NZ8J Member ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Have you activated channel 1 in the DAX control panel and set it forTX ? Tim NZ8J
  • Ken W9IE
    Ken W9IE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    First you must be running current version of SmartSDR Cat

Then in MMTTY Options
                 Setup mmtty
                 TX Tab
                  PTT & FSK PORT = NONE
                  RIG COMMAND TAB
                  Set Port to either
                         a Port that you setup in SmartSDR Cat as  PTT  RTS/DTR
                   OR use the Port named in SmartSDR Cat on the Main Tab
                         "Connect 3rd Party Programs to Port"
    This should get PTT and TX to work.   Hope this helps some.

Ken  W9IE
  • Bill AA7XT
    Bill AA7XT Member
    edited July 2015
    Yes
  • Bill AA7XT
    Bill AA7XT Member
    edited July 2015
    SmartSDR CAT will not let me add a new port.  nothing happens when I click "add a port"
  • Bill AA7XT
    Bill AA7XT Member
    edited July 2015
    Yes, I am running current version of SmartSDR and SmartSDR CAT.  I have 8 physical serial ports on my Win 7 Pro PC, I wounder if that is causing problems?  I am able to connect my logging program (DX Lab) to virtual serial port 9 via SmartSDR CAT.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019

Delete your Smart CAT software and re-install it.

Then re-enter your com/ports.  Make sure you see SmartSDR IP address (192.1...etc...) when you click the CAT software. 

That should show on the lower right corner, above the taskbar clock.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have changed this post to a problem topic and converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.