Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex control issue

K2CM
K2CM Member ✭✭
Press Aux 1 button, control changes RIT. Un click RIT, control does not control the frequency. Can't figure out how to make the Flex Control move the frequency. Any thoughts?

Answers

• Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Double click AUX1 to turn off RIT - same for AUX3 with XIT.

Stu K6TU
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Yes.  Double click the AUX1 or AUX3 to turn RIT & XIT off.  But if you single click the "Big Knob" while RIT or XIT are active (light on) then you will tune the main slice frequency, but it will be offset by the existing RIT/XIT offset.  The nice thing is that with the new "Slice info panel" in the RH side panel, you can easily see what is happening to the RIT & XIT adjustments.

BTW, I hope the updated Flex Control Knob functions are available soon.  I would love to be able to punch the AUX2 button and have it toggle TX from A to B, or toggle/cycle through making the different slices "active."  That would make things much easier for me.
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Double tap on the tuning knob will clear RIT or XIT if on - ie. set it to zero.

Stu K6TU
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I am going to try these recommendations again in the morning of 6-7-2018,, but one would think that after shutting down SSDR program and re-booting it and the computer, everything would re-set back to normal?? When I plugged it in today, just got it, everything worked fine and Aux-1,2,3 did as instructed, main tuning know still controlled the slice frequency.. But when I added a function to the switch under the tuning knob, that is when I lost slice frequency control.. I did change it back to NONE, leaving only A1-3,,, but have been unable to recover slice tuning... Even with everything set to NONE, no control of tuning the frequencies??

Robert
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Robert

Try setting the switch function on the VFO knob, to "Tune Slice". Then a single press on the VFO knob should force it back to tuning the active slice VFO. To switch to another slice and make it active, I use AUX3 which I configured to "Change Active Slice".

But, I prefer to use FRStacks to control the active slice, TX slice, and unmute the active slice automatically. That way the TX, and unmute follows the active slice as it changes, and can still be controlled by clicking the AUX3 button.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Jay, thanks for the recommendations! I did what you said, AND IT FIXED THE PROBLEM!!!!  I understand why this would work, but if I set the main tuning knob to NONE for the push button, it must confuse something, you would think the tuning knob would just be a tuning knob for the active slice,,, seems this work around is fine and EASY to implement... Probably a already reported problem or??? In any case SSDR is working as it should... Again, thanks Jay for participating in the community and answering my request, it is appreciated!!

Robert  WA6PHN
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Assigning the box on the big knob tells it what to do when you turn it after you have pressed the knob. If you have nothing assigned, then the knob does nothing after you press it. Then if you assign one of the AUX buttons to something like Volume or XIT, the knob tune volume or XIT after you press the AUX button. When you press the big knob it will resume tuning the frequency if you have that function assigned to the big knob’s button.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Robert

Working as it should, programmable functions often require a little programming.image

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    True,,, but I should mention that right out of the box with NO programming the main knob did tune the slice.. It was after i programmed it that the slice tuning went away.. But after a recommendation to program the knob to Tune Slice,,, it all went back to normal operation... Used it yesterday remotely,,, nice addition to the setup..

Robert

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.