Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TVI eliminated with FLEX-6500

Dave-N9CHM
Dave-N9CHM Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
A little background. Mosley 2-element triband beam on a chimney mount. I've always had some TVI when transmitting on 15M (even with a 1:1 SWR), whether I was using an Icom Pro (II & III) or my backup Kenwood TS-480. It's understandable since the antenna coax crosses over the Direct TV coax at one point. Anyway, with my new 6500, zero-zip-nada TVI on 15M. I changed nothing, just unplugged the TS-480 and inserted the 6500. This is far from a valid technical analysis, but I no longer need the Bencher YA-1 low pass filter which I used to eliminate most of the TVI. Talk about a "clean" radio on transmit. Now I can operate 6M on the single coax feed from my Rat-Pak antenna relay (which I obviously couldn't do with the LPF inline). Cool....

Comments

• W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    REAL cool !!
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    everyone says my audio is real clean also - Jim WU5E FLEX 6500
  • Dave-N9CHM
    Dave-N9CHM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Yes, I'm getting excellent audio reports as well using a Heil ProSet 5, with similar comments about very "clean" audio.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.