Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

on start up spectrum has a pattern of up and down peaks

N4AB
N4AB Member ✭✭
edited August 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
6700 with GPSDO using Win 7 On start up I sometime get a spectrum that I don't know what it is or even know how to describe. It starts with a normal spectrum an slowly changes to this up and down peak and valley spectrum, 10 to 12 db swing and every 15 kHz (on 20 meter band). It lasts for 5 minutes to 30 minutes ( if I don't restart SmartSDR ) then slowly goes away. If I do a re-start, most of the time it "cures" the problem and everything is fine for the rest of the day. It does not happen every time but enough that it is a problem. This morning it lasted a little over 30 minutes and I was able to get a screen shot of the spectrum. Now if I can figure out how to send the picture. I hope this works. Tnx Al N4AB

Comments

• philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Does it stay the same if you change bands? Do you have antenna attached?
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    This looks like what I see on 160 meters which I traced to my cable modem. With my Flex-5000, I had to power-down the modem to make contacts, but I just realized that I cannot do that with the 6700 unless I make a direct connection to the computer rather than running it over the LAN. Let me think about this...maybe the LAN will work without an Internet connection if I just leave the router on.
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Yes, I have the antenna switched on at the external antenna switch, it is usually grounded but when I get this problem the antenna has been active. And the problem also follows band changing by using the band switch or by just entering a new frequency/band on the slice control panel. Tnx Al N4AB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.