Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No smartlink connection today

I am trying to operate remotely from Texas. Before leaving GA, I made sure My Smartlink account was properly logged in. When I arrived at the hotel, my Smartlink account is logged in. However, no radio is available. I tried my iphone, ipad, laptop and Maestro. All showing no radio available. I am able to reach my flex 6500 on node red remotely just fine so I know the radio is active on my network. I signed put and back on again on my Smartlink account with no change. I also tried other wifi and my hotspot with the same results.

Any suggestions.

Bob, KN4HH

Tagged:

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi Bob

SmartLink is up and running, so it sounds like something else is limiting your connection.

Is this the first time you've used SmartLink remotely? If so, did you do the PTT Registration (part of the chapter 9 steps). Another step is the Test step which will give you a green 'LED'.

It looks like this:

Can you reboot your radio remotely? Using NodeRed or FRStack might be a way to do this, but maybe a bit difficult if you have not set that up already.

I apologize if you have already done all this, but I just want to make sure you've looked at these areas.

• Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭

Thanks for your comments, Michael. Yes I have run remote for quite sometime except in an earlier version of SmartSDR. I can go to my Node Red Dashboard and can remotely key up my Flex 6500, change power levels.

I have logged out of Smartlink and logged back on. My credentials are recognized. Howeverf no radios are shown available.

Bob, KN4HH

• Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭

• Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭

Problem solved. In addition to re-booting the 6500, I also had to remove dc power and restart. Smartlink is now working properly. Not sure why since I always had basic control of the radio via node red. Many thanks, Mike for the nudge regarding rd-boot. Sorry for all the bandwidth on this issue.

73, Bob, KN4HH

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.