Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Difference between Transmit profiles and Microphone profiles?

Hopefully I knew this years ago when I first started with Flex software, if I did .. I have now forgotten.

Let's assume I rarely use a microphone and stick mostly to CW and digital modes. . Lets also assume that previously working settings suddenly do not work and no transmit of RF is taking place when I attempt a transmit via a digital mode (Level shows info, RF meter does not ). To solve this issue I find my self poking around my saved profiles until I find one that magically produces RF with digital modes. I eventually get things to work as desired. The problem is that I find myself poking around in both the list of saved Mic profiles AND the Transmit profiles . I understand the need for these two types of profiles (in terms of cut-off settings and things like gain settings ) . However , when poking around aimlessly, I sometimes find a Mic profile that solves the problem and sometimes a Transmit profile that fixes things . Should I be ignoring Mic profiles for digital modes (in DigU) and focus only on the transmit profiles ?

Andy K3UK

Tagged:

Comments

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭

Andy,

The SmartSDR-Software Users Guide section 20 includes tables of what is saved in the Global, Mic and Transmit profiles. In addition, section 18.7 contains a list of what is persisted separately from the profiles. I have referred to these lists frequently.

AL, K0VM

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Let me drop some slides here that might help:

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭

Thanks Mike, I did read the user guide earlier today but still had the question after reading it . I think I have it now , after reading again.

Andy K3UK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.