Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuner Genius XL and Antenna Genius with Icom 7610

Took a leap of faith while at the Huntsville Hamfest and decided to put money down on the 8600. First time Flex owner. In the meantime, I ordered the Tuner Genius XL SO2R and the Antenna Genius. Been reading up on how these could possibly be connected to an Icom 7610 in the meantime. Thanks to everyone for all your questions and answers. It helped.

Anyhow I figured it all out and the Tuner and Antenna Genius are working OK with the Icom 7610 until the 8600 arrives later this year. I thought maybe the Antenna Genius and the Tuner would talk to each other in band changes, it doesn't seem the case with the Icom. When you Enable the Antenna Genius in the Tuner configuration, immediately the tuner will now throw an error up of "no PTT IN" when you transmit. However works flawlessly if I don't connect the 2 through the tuner, just have to manually switch the bands on the antenna genius. Not a big deal as this won't be forever and I probably don't expect an answer with using an Icom. But just in case someone has ran across this and has an answer I would appreciate it. Just enjoy figuring things out but I don't understand why it acts this way.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.