Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

smartSDR version 2.9.36

I have and still have problems using macOS 15.
Flex 6400 the panadapter display freezes after few seconds. The controls and memory channels are working. This is yet not resolved. I have talked to Marcus about this, but no solution yet. Sometimes it works until disconnect and freezes on reconnection.

From smartSDR version 2.9.36 for mac, I totally lost all my TX audio. Doesn't matter if I try the FHM-3 hand microphone or an USB microphone, no audio

I have tried and checked all I possibly can. Including closing all running Apps and disabled my Antivirus (Intego) and Malwarebytes. Restarted Mac and Flexradio.

The funny thing is that I have Parallels Desktop on my Mac and when I'm running smartSDR from Windows 11 via Mac and Parallel everything works. No freeze and TX audio also works. This is running as an APP under macOS 15.

Comments

• Ron K2RAS
    Ron K2RAS Member ✭✭

I am running MacOS Sonoma 14.6.1, Bitdefender AV and also sometimes lose my TX audio. For me it happens when I transmit. FYI, I can usually get the audio back if I disable/enable the DAX TX Streaming in the DAX Streaming window under the Radio menu.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

In both cases, this sounds like an issue with the MAC network communication and may require further digging to isolate.

There are times that I use my MAC as my primary workstation and I have to disable WiFi and use it hard wired for optimal performance. I have also seen SmartSDR for MAC really get grumpy only on WiFi.

• Mike WA7IJV
    Mike WA7IJV Member ✭✭

I also cannot operate my 6600 on MacOS 15 (Mac mini Intel T2). Digital modes operator.

No WiFi - using wired Gb with ham activity isolated via switch.

Mac SmartSDR doesn't see the Flex radio. Ditto with dogparkSDR. xSDR6000 sees the Mac, but is otherwise unsuccessful.

Sometimes, after turning rig on after overnight rest, SmartSDR (or dogparkSDR, etc.) might see the rig and run OK. But, if I restart app - now, it doesn't see the Flex. And will likely stay that way for rest of day.

My main radio box is an M2 mini with Sonoma. All three rig control apps work fine on that OS.

From what I've read, sounds like MacOS 15 has problems with UDP packets (OS firewall apparently blocks them). Although, supposedly a factor when one has the MacOS Firewall "on" - I see same issue with OS firewall on or off.

Mike

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

If both MAC SmartSDR and DogPark SDR can't see the radio, then something on the computer is blocking the application for hearing the UDP network broadcasts. This is usually a MBP firewall issue.

There are several commands you can use to see if the data is being received and you may want to make sure that port 4992 is not being blocked.

• Mike WA7IJV
    Mike WA7IJV Member ✭✭

Wireshark confirms regular UDP port 4992 broadcasts. Occasionally, a SSDP packet is also sent from rig.

When Mac SmartSDR or dpSDR doesn't see the rig (typically the case on MacOS 15) - that's the only Flex traffic reported.

The problem occurs even if I totally disable the Mac firewall.

As I understand, Apple is aware of network UDP-related issues in MacOS 15. So, I'm waiting for 15.1 with fingers crossed.

Mike WA7IJV

• Wilford
    Wilford Member
    Update.
    For me the update to macOS 15.01 did NOT fix the freezing of the Panadapter.
    But the missing TX Adio problem seems to be fixed.
  • Mike WA7IJV
    Mike WA7IJV Member ✭✭

Here, on 15.0.1, the panadapter still hangs, but not as quickly as on 15.0.

Presently, I can only launch SmartSDR and dogparkSDR via Terminal window (15.0 or 15.0.1). Run from the Dock, those apps don't see the Flex - except, oddly, on the first invocation in the morning after overnight power off.

xDAX / xCAT, which I use for digital mode operation, seem to need launching via Terminal, as well.

(I've had to launch xDAX inside Terminal since late Sonoma, so it has issues predating Sequoia)

Mike