Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart switch 240 Volts and 20 to 30 amps

Jay Woods
Jay Woods Member ✭✭

I just wired up my Power Genius XL amp with 240 Volts and 20 amp Breaker in the Panel and 12-2 Romax wire from the panel to the 20 amp Outlet. I would like to remotely turn On and off the Power Genius Amp over the Internet. Does anyone know of a company that makes a Smart Switch for 240 Volts and 20 or 30 amps that can be used in Series with the 20 Amp outlet that can be used to turn on and Off the Outlet via a I-Phone or I-pad over the internet. Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Jay A Woods

WA7YDM

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Search in the Remote area. there are lots of solutions.

Personally, I built my own, but you'll find a number of WiFi Pool Heaters that will do the job.

If you are not educated in 240v wiring, you may want to consult an electrician and make sure it is to code.

• Joel N9LQ
    Joel N9LQ Member ✭✭

Not exactly what you asked, but thought I would share my solution in case you may it of interest…

I recently added a DIN rail mounted contactor with a 115V coil that is then wired into a Digital Loggers Pro Switch. Here is a link to the contactor I bought on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Baomain-Contactor-Universal-BCT-32-22/dp/B0CDGK8992/ref=rp_d_sccl_2/132-3606080-9034228?pd_rd_w=nZXnB&content-id=amzn1.sym.40294e7a-ea4f-4048-84d6-d10207395c1c&pf_rd_p=40294e7a-ea4f-4048-84d6-d10207395c1c&pf_rd_r=06ZCH82EY3Y6BJY2X3R6&pd_rd_wg=yReFW&pd_rd_r=eb4ba39d-a805-445e-a9f0-bc530a01cd91&pd_rd_i=B0CDGK8992&psc=1

Here is a link to the Digital Loggers switch.

https://dlidirect.com/products/new-pro-switchError

As I leave my PGXL on all the time, I chose to wire the PGXL in to the NC contacts. So if I choose to turn off the power to the amp, I have to energize the contactor.

I added this to solve a problem I had when my house had a power outage when I was out of town. The PGXL powered back up before the router did, so it did not properly appear on the network and I could not remotely access the PGXL. If that ever happens again, I can now energize the contactor for 15 seconds or so, and then deenergize it, and the PGXL will turn back on and connect to the network.

I just did this a couple of weeks ago, so I don't have a lot of experience with it yet, but my testing so far seems to work as planned. Good luck!

73, Joel N9LQ

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

I built my own, using a pair of solid state relays. I control it with an Rpi4b and Node-Red.

• Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭

This works just dandy. Follow the wiring video and it's virtually foolproof.

https://www.amazon.com/DEWENWILS-Outdoor-Buetooth-Compatible-Assistant/dp/B09D91MP9D?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.