Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

When will the 8000 series radios begin to ship and what is the lead time for shipment

Barry Walkenshaw
Barry Walkenshaw Member, Unconfirmed ✭✭

The 8000 series radios were to be shipped in September. Has this target month for shipment been postponed to a later date? Are there problems with flex radio manufacturing?

Comments

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭

Some information from FLEX would be helpful. Update Please.

Jim K4JAF

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

A couple of weeks ago I asked ( again) about a value for my 6600M if I decided to trade it in. I received an email from sales saying that I would be contacted after the current group of buyers who had put down a deposit were contacted. They also mentioned if I were to place an order that day, that orders placed that day "should " start shipping in November.

Since I am still on the fence about how much I would gain by trading in my 6600M ( new technology and features that I may or may not use) I have decided, ( for the moment) to wait and see how well the new radios work for others and whether or not there is a got to have feature that only the new radios will have. Plus, my " got to have " is probably different from other users " got to have "!

James

WD5GWY

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi All

The delivery story remains the same as was presented in the last Flex Insider that was sent in August. We continue to work towards that delivery schedule.

We have already reached out to those who have a trade in request and a deposit in place and most of them. This are done on a first come/first received basis and we are still working through those that ordered during Hamvention.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

So Mike, how goes the testing with your new 8600? Care to share some of your experiences with it?

James

WD5GWY

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

All I can say is that it works very well. But, a few things to still iron out.

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭

Heard this before….

• Mike-VA3MW

Sadly, thanks to social media, we aren't going to say anything. Good news or bad news, it will be used in bad taste by the trolls.

The world of instant communication and social media has forced all vendors to take this path of saying very little and I doubt this will ever change in our lifetime now.

That means you'll have to wait until you hear from the first people to receive their hardware.

What I can say is that I've been using an 8600 for a few weeks now and I have made a few hundred contacts on it including adding a few new countries to my logbook.

Patience my friend, but you are always welcome to speculate! Those posts are fun to read.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

My main concern is how well the new built-in coffee maker works. Is it good enough that I won't have to keep buying from Starbucks??? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

😀

James

WD5GWY

• Dean Jacobsen
    Dean Jacobsen Member ✭✭

I've been contemplating getting a new Flex-8400M as an upgrade to my current 6400M. I've been watching and waiting for the first wave of reports of 8000 series early adopters. Its the end of September. Has anyone received a new 8000 series radio?

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Given the stated lead time of 30 days after final billing and payment for actual shipping to take place, I would expect it will be the middle of October before shipping actually starts. From posts I have seen, it has only been a couple of weeks since Flex Radio started billing buyers for final payment. And, ifa person ordered a M model radio, then shipping is said to be an additional three weeks after the non-M model radios start shipping. That puts the M model radios into mid to late November for actual shipping. So, still some time to go.

James

WD5GWY

• Dean Jacobsen
    Dean Jacobsen Member ✭✭

Well then, good luck to the early adopters and to Flex Radio. I’ll check back in early 2025 and see how things are going.

Dean W6DBJ

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

I waited to buy the 6400 until they were shipping from stock.