Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TGXL problem

Mike
Mike Member ✭✭

I had a problem with the TGXL cycling unexpectedly. This was solved by increasing the DX voltage a bit to about 15 v. The last couple of days Ive been getting unexpected high swr readings on resonant antennas. When I put the tuner in standby the problem disappears. I've noticed that the tuner seems to act as an "attenuator" too when in bypass instead of standby.

The question is has anyone else seen this type of behavior with their TGXL? I am using a 6600, PGXL and AG along with the tuner. I will be opening a ticket (I suspect the TGXL will have to vacation in TX for a while) but thought I would post this to see if there was any insight as to what went kablooey.

Answers

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭

Mike, I too was having issues with the TGXL cycling randomly. I thought it was a supply voltage problem and started using a separate +18v supply for the TGXL. This seemed to work but now I am again experiencing the tuner resetting. I have been experimenting with different routers and switches but just when I think I have solved the problem the tuner resets, drops the antenna load, and my amplifier (Alpha 89) goes into berserk mode and, thankfully, auto-shuts down. My gut feeling is that something occurs that causes an exception fault and the radio resets. Investigating if it is RF related. Frustrating …

W7NGA

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

In both cases, please open a support ticket. I would also recommend that you test on a Dummy load and see if you can recreate the problem.

Quite often resets are network dropouts are related to RF getting into the Switch. You might want to consider adding Mix 43 chokes to the DC power cable on the network switch.

You may also find these help.

• Mike
    Mike Member ✭✭

The drop problem was cured with increased voltage. The current problem is the tuner not staying tuned and acting as an attenuator. A ticket has been opened on it already. Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.