Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power genius and tuner genius

When hooking up my Power Genius and Tuner Genius combo to a legacy radio without an rf delay adjustment do I just use the ptt in and out on the Power Genius?

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

If you do not have a TX Delay option on your radio, it is recommend you connect a foot switch PTT to the Tuner Genius first. Then take the output of the TG and feed it to the input PTT on the Power Genius and finally take the output of the PGXL and us that to key the radio.

This ensures that all the external devices are in transmit before the radio sends RF.

Answers

• Opathy
    Opathy Member ✭✭
    Thanks Mike, my Power Genius, Tuner Genius, and Antenna Genius will be arriving tomorrow as I await the 8600. So to take your directions a step further I'll if I decide to put the Antenna Genius in the mix I'll just daisy chain it in the loop with the rest of the devices, that being first.
  • Opathy
    Opathy Member ✭✭
    Mike, I cannot get the Antenna Genius to follow the other devices with my Icom 718.
    The tuner and amp follows fine using Ci-V
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

You would need a CI-V to BCD adapter. DX Engineering sells them

Dave wo2x

• Opathy
    Opathy Member ✭✭
    Thanks!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.