Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Questions from a newbie

Hello

I am doing remote operations with TS480, RRC1258, and 2K-FA from my office to my house surrounded by high buildings. I am considering Flexradio's inherent remote capability, maybe with a Macbook or Maestro.

Is there any latency(or delay) issue, especially with CW?
Can I use Winkeyer with a Macbook or Maestro?
Is it simple to use CAT for 2K-FA?

Thank you OMs.
Chul

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Latency will be about the same as your RRC1258.

The best way (today) is to use a Maestro for CW Keying. This is the simple plug and play way. There are other options for hand sending CW but are less plug and play. You could continue to use your RRC1258 for CW keying if you like.

Interfacing a 2K-FA is pretty straightforward.

• K9SO
    K9SO Member ✭✭

Mike, I'm intrigued by your comment

"The best way (today) is to use a Maestro for CW Keying."

I've been 800 mile+ remoting with my 6500/6600 and (soon) 8000 radios for nearly a decade. I purchased two Maestros but at least with V2 and early V3 software, the paddle keying was so unstable (probably connection jitter) as to be unusable. So as my Maestros gathered dust, I've always used my RRC1258 system for paddle CW. That has always worked flawlessly and I've never had any reason to research it any more.

After reading your note, I tried paddle CW with the Maestro again and it seems to work fine! Is this an improvement mentioned in the SW notes I may have missed over the years?

I'm wondering if I can count on it or if I just happened to have an ideal Internet connection during my test.

73, Fred

K9SO

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭

There is another solution available today that leverages the same native FlexRadio logic. It can also function as a standalone client-server solution. For more details, please refer to this thread:

MORCONI, the ultimate CW interface. — FlexRadio Community

• K9SO
    K9SO Member ✭✭

Thanks Max

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.