Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart link Status ?

My remote 6400 was operating fine this morning, currently it is seeing red under network status. I UN-registered and re-registered the radio using the local PC at the radio site.still no joy. Local PC on the local network there has the same results as the Maestro or home PC. Ubiquity router has no indications of issues or changes. Wondering if the system was affected by the recent cloud issue and down.

Steve AG4SO

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

SmartLink was not affected by the CrowdStrike issue.

What does the uPNP tables show on the router?

You may wish to open a support ticket.

• Hi Mike If this co through I have typed comments twice and sent. both times (signed in ) it wanted me to sign in again. and dumped my comments. Passably too long winded

Steve AG4SO

• Trying again:

Mike thanks for the response, I don't use uPNP just the configuration just the one FELX techs have guided me through. I did have a lock up with radio a couple of days before, got it back on line withe factory restore. A day and a half later is when the communication trouble started. Not sure why this seems to reoccur every year of so, Neither ISP at home of on the mountain have an answer. I was hoping it was not this time FLEX support has been great helping me in the past however it wold help to understand why. Smile

Steve AG4SO

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

There are several ways to set this up. None of them are wrong. I searched in the helpdesk

Personally, I highly recommend to us uPNP for most networks as it is self healing when there is a problem. Often, a simple reboot of the radio and the router fix everything. That is the way it was designed to work.

I do see your ticket from about 2 years ago and we did mention a few things that could cause SmartLink to break if the IP address of the radio changed. It sounds like that has happened.

You may want to look into this.

One thing you may want to do is configure the router's DHCP table to assign a "reserved" IP address to your radio (sometimes called "Local Static Address") so that the radio always receives the same IP address from the router every time it powers up on the network. This can prevent a lot of problems. (Sometimes the router's DHCP Server will assign the radio a different IP address, which "breaks" Manual Port Forwarding rules

• Thanks Mike Ill dig in to things based on your advice.

Regards

Steve AG4SO

• Mike-VA3MW

You can always open a new support ticket as well. We are glad to help.

• Morning Mike sorry of the delays I have been busy on a family project 12 hour days. I hope this week finishes it. I'm missing a lot of HF nets and DX. Smile

What ever crashed my remote 6400 and or the resulting factory restore I had to do appears to have changed the ports in the radio I was forwarding from 4196 TCP and 4197 UDP to 21100 TCP and 22100 UDP. Any idea what happened? And would Upnp be able to correct for such a change?

Regards

Steve AG4SO

• Mike-VA3MW

If you use automatic mode and your router support uPNP, rebooting the radio usually fixes the problem.

The WAN (Outside world) side can have somewhat random values above 1024. On the LAN (internal side) they need to be 4993 and 4994.

I have no idea what happened or the root cause. But, based on what you are saying, those values are wrong.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.