Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

8600 via Tradein

Does filling out the trade in form to trade from a 6600 to a 8600 automatically enroll one on the 8600 order list ?

It was a little confusing to me.

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Larry, I would call Flex Sales (512-535-4713) or send them an e-mail (sales@flexradio.com). They will be able to guide you through the process.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

if you were on the roll to buy an 8000 series radio you would have received an informative email from Flex a little while ago .

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

I believe you would have to place an order and put down a ( refundable) deposit to actually have a place in line to purchase a new radio. ( with or without a trade-in) Just inquiring about a trade-in value alone doesn't place you in line to purchase a new radio.

At least, that was how Flex Radio did it when the 6400/M and 6600/M radios were introduced. Same thing with the first 6000 radios. ( 6500 and 6700)

I inquired about trade-in value for my 6600M and was told by email, that I should consider selling my 6600M myself as I would be able to get more money for it that way. Flex Radio has not made any offers for anyone's used radios yet. And have stated for those that pre-ordered, and want to trade-in their old radio, that they will make an offer for their radio 30 days before their new radio ships.

James

WD5GWY

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Larry did email me and I did respond.

To answer his question, the answer is no. You still need to place a deposit.

• Glenn Depp
    Glenn Depp Member ✭✭

Not sure a place in line really matters. I have read some have finalized their orders and their purchase numbers were well after mine. So I am losing faith as I have not heard anything. I ordered the 8600 as I rack mount mine.

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭

Glenn, what is your purchase number? Jim K4JAF

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Glenn

I am not sure what you are reading. I checked and we have not yet gotten to your place in line.

This is not the place to share the details in public.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.