Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Heil BM-17 headset /6600M

KB4OIF
KB4OIF Member ✭✭

Need a little help. I have used this headset on my 6600M before. I have plugged them into the right places() I THINK). One in mic and one in phones on the back of the flex. I am getting no response from the flex when i key the foot switch. I can't remember what mike profile to use for the BM-17. I think that is the problem. Any help is appreciated.

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

HI John, the BM-17 comes with either a dynamic or electret mic, depending on how it is ordered.

If you have the electret mic, you need to turn BIAS on. If you have the dynamic mic element, you would turn this off. With either mic element, you may or may not need the +20dB.

Another thing to make sure is that you have the footswitch plugged into the proper jack on the back of the radio. It should be plugged into the RCA jack labeled PTT. Also make sure that DAX is off.

• KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭

Mine is exactly like yours Len. The image is of the 1/8 inch plugs that go into the back of the radio. sorry for the small pic. Both have 3 black rings.

• KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭

Got it working Len Took the extension wires off and just used the wires from the headset. I probably have the extension wires backwards but That will be another day. Thanks for your help.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi John, I can't see the pic too well, but if there are three black rings (and therefore 4 connections), that is your problem. The Flex mic connector is three connectors (TRS) not four (TRRS). If you get a stereo (TRS) extension, I think that you will be fine,

• KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭

Thanks Len.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.