Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Com ports not found?

Pierre_VE3KTB
Pierre_VE3KTB Member ✭✭

Hi folks,

I have N1MM+ configured to talk to my Flex 6400 via TCP ports. However, I sometimes get a message from N1MM+ saying that it can't find com port 1001 (or similar) and when that happens, N1MM+ no longer tracks the frequency of the slice. I can regain full functionality by restarting N1MM. I have, I think, followed the various steps that VA3MW an others have published here on how to do the setup, and everything works just fine with the exception of this particular annoyance. I have gone a full 48 hour contest (not that I'm operating 48 hours) without it happening, or like yesterday, it happened 3 or 4 times in about 8 hours.

Does anyone have any insights into what I may have mis-configured?

Pierre VE3KTB

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Can you post screen shots of both your N1MM radio configurer and SmartSDR CAT. It might help to see if I can see anything that might be weird.

• Pierre_VE3KTB
    Pierre_VE3KTB Member ✭✭

Hi Mike,

Sure. I think these are all of the com port related windows. Let me know if you want to see something more.

Thanks and 73,

Pierre VE3KTB

Ps. I know that the 6400 can't really do SO2R. I configure it this way so that I can do in-band S&P during contests on those occasions when I try running.

• Pierre_VE3KTB
    Pierre_VE3KTB Member ✭✭

Forgot this one …

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

that is pretty much what I use.

• Pierre_VE3KTB
    Pierre_VE3KTB Member ✭✭

Well, I did my best to copy what you had posted previously :-)

Thanks for checking it over!

Pierre VE3KTB

• Mike-VA3MW

It sounds like a N1MM issue, but it might be hard to prove. I would ask on the N1MM group and see if anyone else sees the same issue.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.