Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Electret microphones with Flex6600

I'm new to the Flex and having difficult times with getting a standard 2*3,5 mm plugged headsets working with Flex6600. I am kind of puzzled whether I am doing something wrong as I fail to get the MIC -connector (on the back of the 6600) to accept standard PC electret microphones. None of the electrets I have is working that is...

I have bias on (Radio settings>Phone/CW settings) and MIC selected on the phone settings panel.

The supplied microphone (dynamic) is working ok. I am also able to use the PC -mic hooked up on the station computer.... but none of those requiring Bias directly hooked to the 6600

Any ideas on this ?

73, Ville oh1jd

Best Answer

Answers

• Villelintervo
    Villelintervo Member ✭✭
    Thanks Tim,

This worked fine, though I have difficulties to comprehend why Flex has decided to deviate from pretty much standard implementation within the computer world.

73, Ville oh1jd
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

We deviated at the request of a few headset builders who felt it was time to move forward to a more common and universally available connector.

There are hundreds of CTIA headsets available worldwide that use that connector and it allows operators to not be stuck with a headset built only by 1 or 2 vendors.

As an example, I have a computer gaming headset that sounds awesome on the air. But, that is just my personal experience.

• Villelintervo
    Villelintervo Member ✭✭
    Just to give a heads-up on this topic, the same gaming headset that does NOT "plug and play" with the 6600 rear mic connector works flawlessly with the Maestro C providing excellent audio.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.