Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I never use the Tuner Genius; PROs of exluding it from the set up ?

ED8M
ED8M Member ✭✭

Folks,

EA8BW / ED8M (ex EA8DIG) here.

I have a complete Flex 6600 line (6600, Tuner Genius, Power Genius and Antenna Genius).

I never use the Tuner Genius. It just stays all the time connected but not engaged.

Can I remove it from the line ? The tuner does NOT have the BPF filters in, right ? I do a lot of SO2R / alternating CQs during teh contets, hence not sure where are the magic BPF I do need are located.

Please help.

Regards,

Anton, EA8BW / ED8M

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Anton, the Tuner Genius is just a tuner. The band pass filters are located in your 6600, so it is safe to remove the tuner from your set up.

Each set pf bandpass filters are associated with an SCU within the radio, so SO2R will work properly with two different antennas.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi Anton

I have a TGXL as well, and I almost never use it. But, it makes a an awesome remote watt meter!

There are no band pass filters in the TGXL. They are in the Radio and the Power Genius. That should give you a lot of band isolation.

Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.