Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

The outputs for predistrotion

I have ordered Flex 8600M and PGXL. I'm signal flow guy, so the flex 8600 has in/out the PGXL

THE SIGNAL should flow from 8600M to the PGXL does the Radio compute the correction and send it back what delay is incurred ?

Jim

WU5E

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Jim, when Flex gets the code written (they say it won't be available immediately), the sampled RF from the amp will be sent to a receive port on the radio.

The radio will compare what is being generated to what is being amplified and make adjustments to make the amplified signal look more like what was generated by the radio. It won't send the signal again with correction, it will correct the signals going forward.

I can't imagine that this will incur much, if any latency, but I don't really know.

• James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭✭

Thanks Len old Gov't Radio Tech. I repaired RT-1523E/F PRC-150 and lastly PRC-117G signal flow was so important to me plus the schematics then the software reload sometimes very slow.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.