Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Control of AG with non-Flex exciter

I have a PGXL, TGXL, and AG. I am planning on driving them with a non-Flex exciter. Is there a way using the latest Firmware to tell the AG which antenna to use over the ethernet connection? I am trying to avoid running almost 100 ft of DB9 connector cable for CAT or BCD from the shack to the AG.

Best Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

I have done it from an Elecraft exciter Ethernet out to AG Ethernet in using Node Red. It uses the API for your transceiver and AG. Most of the flows you will need for Node Red are already written but it will require customization for your application. You can join the Node Red group for more info.

https://groups.io/g/nodered-hamradio

73 Dave wo2x

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

It is a 4O3A product and they just showed in in Germany at HAM RADIO this weekend.

• DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Mike, do not see it on the 4o3a page yet. But WiMo is having it (at least) in their portfolio.

https://www.wimo.com/de/4o3a-band-server-interlock

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x

• Ken D'Alessandro
    Ken D'Alessandro Member ✭✭

Dave, I did what you suggested and found the noderead ham radio group. I imported two of your AG files into nodered but they are missing nodes that I can't find on the internet. How can I contact you to help out? I am not sure the Flex Community is the right forum.

Ken

• David Decoons, wo2x

hi Ken
    my contact info on QRZ.

This past week was pretty hectic for me. Busy and also had pain issues I deal with. Tomorrow afternoon I am planning on spending time in the shack. I know others want some assistance with Node Red also.

73 Dave wo2x

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Reach out to 4O3A about their new OEM Radio Server. This is why they built it to get away from archaic interfaces such as RS232, BCD, CI-V and more.

It isn't shipping just yet, but it sounds like it is just what you require.

• Ken D'Alessandro
    Ken D'Alessandro Member ✭✭

Thanks Mike,

I looked on the internet and cannot find any information about the OEM Radio Server. Can you tell me anything about it or direct me to an online source that can tell me about it?

Ken

• Mike-VA3MW

Hi Ken

It isn't a FlexRadio product at all, so we don't have anything we can share. Keep an eye on their web site.

Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.