Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Operating TGXL and PGXL with ICOM-7300. Get Rf Early on PGXL

I am operating a TGXL and a PGXL with an ICOM-7300. The PTT delay on the ICOM-7300 is at its max setting of 30 ms. I am receiving an "RF Early" display on the PGXL. The TGXL indicates CAT in its display and the PGXL shows RF SENSE. I have the PTT from the ICOM-7300 going to the TGXL "PTT IN." I have the "PTT OUT" from the TGXL going to the "PTT IN" on the PGXL. Your assistance is appreciated.

Comments

• Michael Hyman
    Michael Hyman Member ✭✭

I was checking with another ICOM/TGXL/PGXL user who informed me that the configuration I was given by FLEX was incorrect. I was told by Flex to have the CIV and the PTT from Icom-7300 go to the TGXL and so on (see above). This is not correct—rather, it produced "RF Early "errors on the PGXL in addition to a great deal of frustration. However, when I reconfigured the setup so that that CI-V and the PTT from the ICOM-7300 go first to the PGXL (with the "PTT IN" on the TGXL connected to the PGXL "PTT OUT," everything began to work properly. Now the PGXL screen shows C-IV and the TGXL displays PGXL. No more errors have been encountered. Everything is now performing fine!

• Richard Zalewski
    Richard Zalewski Member ✭✭

Made no difference for me with my K4. Still getting the RF early and other faults. Nice try though…tnx

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited July 6

be extremely careful about keying the amp before the TGXL. They warn you that you may lose the finals in the amp. The transition time for the TGXL is quite long.

• Ken D'Alessandro
    Ken D'Alessandro Member ✭✭
    edited August 18

I too get early RF warning on the PGXL screen even though I have the PTT delay set at the max of 30mS in the 7300 settings. From the postings I have read above I am not sure that I see a definitive answer to this problem. Can someone from Flex chime in here?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I would recommend you connect your PTT to the TGXL, then the PGXL and then the radio.

I think the 7300 has a TX Delay setting. Try setting that to Maximum?

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭

Mike is correct. Do not hook the PTT to the amplifier first. PTT should go to the tuner first.
    if the TX delay is in adequate get a sequencer

Peter

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.