Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Occasional "Wrong Band" message popping up

Hello -

I have the PGXL and use it with my Flex 6600 as well as a Kenwood TS890. When running the Flex 6600, occasionally on CW, I'll get a quick message saying PSE UNKEY on the Power Genius XL app display and a small pop up message that says "wrong band…" It goes away right away and all seems to be operating normally in a second or so.. This just started over the past few weeks. I'm running 3.8.8 on the PGXL and 3.74 on the 6600.

My settings are:

Any ideas?

Thanks and 73 de Tom, N9GUN

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

If your Kenwood TS890 is on one of the ports, you will need to disable that port as a Flex port and use the CAT port for the Kenwood.

Based on what you are saying, it sounds like you are running both at the same time.

• Tom OBoyle
    Tom OBoyle Member ✭✭

Hi Mike -

I always have one or the other disabled at a time. I don't leave both Flex and Kenwood/CAT checked. Just for more clarity, I only use the "A" port when using the Kenwood and only check the A box. I uncheck the two Flex boxes when I'm using the Kenwood. Here is what that screen looks like when using my 6600.

Sorry I wasn't clear in my first message.

Thanks,

Tom

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

All I can say is that you should be able to do that, but I am not sure if it was ever tested.

The next steps would be to follow up with support.

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin

When using your Kenwood, have you properly set the BAND DATA SOURCE in the PGXL Utility?

This is found on pages 47, 48, and 59 of the updated Power Genius XL User Guide:
    https://www.flexradio.com/documentation/power-genius-xl-user-guide/

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.