Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL erroneous high SWR indicated

The PGXL display on my PC Windows Screen reads 1.5 or even 1.7 accompanied by warnings. External LP-100 wattmeter shows 1.15 or better. The PGXL in the upper right of the SmartSDR window also displays the ~1.15 reading. Same erroneous readings when antenna replaced with dummy load. Also same on different bands, transmission modes and multiple power settings. I upgraded to latest firmware for both SmartSDR and the PGXL and see no change. I deleted ATU memories and shut down ATU and see no change whatsoever. What am I missing??
Tagged:

Answers

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭

I’d say that you should open a support ticket

Peter

• Rudyk2evy
    Rudyk2evy Member ✭✭

Yeah, I guess. 😪

• k0oks
    k0oks Member ✭✭

I had the same thing. Mine is now in for service. They are slated to look at it in another week— about 3-4 weeks after they received it.

So get that ticket open and it get it sent in sooner than later if it has a problem.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Rudy

Can you describe your antenna system? It might be that something is breaking down at full power. The PGXL is very very fast at detecting transient issues.

I had the same problem on 160M. Turns out it was water in my coax and a connector.

I replaced the coax and couplers with new Amphenol ones and the problem went away.

Mike

• Rudyk2evy
    Rudyk2evy Member ✭✭

I've substituted a dummy load for an antenna but results were the same. In the meantime I've done a lot of trouble shooting, worked via emails with tech support and, finally, shipped the PGXL to Flex.

Incidentally, I experienced the problem you describe with another rig at another time and learned, the hard way, that out of spec hardware is sometimes disposed of at ham flea markets rather than getting dumped in the circular file.

Thank you for commenting.

Rudy

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Thanks.. that is a great data point.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.