Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slicemaster WSJT Problems and SmartSDR

Mark Griffin
Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
edited May 10 in Third-Party Software

I am running two instances of WSJT-X. Slice A is 160 meters and Slice B is 10 Meters. But when I bring up Slicemaster and have two instances of WSJT, the Program will then change Slice A to 10 meters. And Slice B is still 10 Meters. Why can't I have 1 WSJT reading 160 and the other reading 10 meters. Is the way I have WSJT Set up for radio that is messing the whole thing? Under the radio tab the Network Server is 127.0.0.1:7831 and for Slice B it is 127.0.0.1:7832. I just switched Slice A to 160 and after about 5 seconds it then duplicates the frequency on Slice B which is 10 meters. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM??????

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Comments

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

Also, when I go to radio/settings in WSJT the radio reads Ham Radio Deluxe. Not Flexradio 6XXX. Something is not right here. Is this a bug in the Slicemaster Program or the WSJT Program?

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Ham Radio Deluxe is correct. That is the interface he is using.

What if you change Slice A back to 160? Didn't I ask you this already?

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

Mike,

I think this is a potential problem with N3FJP A/C Logger. I have not only written the Developer of Slicemaster but also the N3FJP Groups.io Site.

Mark KB3Z

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

ah, yes. when testing, make sure you turn off all other programs accessing the radio.

The radio won't change frequency or bands (and, there is a big difference) unless it is commanded to do so.

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

Mike,

I went and changed N3FJP from Flex API to Flexradio. And that did not solve the issue. I am thinking of going back and using an earlier issue of Slicemaster and see whether the same thing happens. Either way, this should not be happening. Why did he change the interface?

Mark KB3Z

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

Mike,

I went to the Slicemaster Website. The earliest version he has is 10.8. I installed that and that does not fix the problem with n3fjp. He had a earlier version that is listed 10.7 which deals with Flex API, but that installation is not out there on his server. I hate to say this, but why he changed the radio interface to Ham Radio Deluxe is beyond me. If it was working before at Flexradio 6XXX why did he change it? I am seriously looking at installing 2 different installations of WSJT and see if that will solve the issue. Evidently Slicemaster is more of a thorn in the side of progress.

Mark KB3Z

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

So what is the secret to getting 2 WSJT-X to run?

I have 2 directories. One has version 2.53 and WSJT2 directory has 2.61. I am getting a warning that 2 versions are running and there is a lockf ile issue.

Mike where are the instructions on how to install 2 different directories of WSJT?

Mark KB3Z

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭

What bothers me about the whole two copies of WSJTX is the ADIF log file in WSJTX. The one that tells you you have worked a station on this band previously is in the particular copy of WSJTX running. So if this was a pair of WSJTX pieces of software running, and I worked USA or Canada or anything else on 80 meters on copy #1 the fact I worked USA on software piece #1 would show I worked USA… But on Software piece #2 I haven't worked USA yet. I have all my colors set showing I've got a new station on any of the bands GREEN meaning here's a new guy you can work him. Light blue means it's a new station on this band work him if you want and Dark Blue NOPE WORKED BEFORE… That works on everybody. I also have NEW DXCC… which I only need 19. Or new DXCC on this band… SO basically I'd be working everybody twice at least per band if I just bring up 1 or two at any time… Thats completely ****. I also run JTAlert… and without slice mangler its completely non-functional. I do have two radios ONE NETWORK subnet and do have radio two broadcasting to HRD on the main computer to log and that works. But the only way to keep the logs the same is to merge the adifs… So basically, I can't just let my radios run on two bands like I desired… The only way I see that happening is running a database SQL Server… My HRD is on MariaSQL… But WSJTX would need to save multi-user to a common Database to keep from using the single files per WSJTX app. They must have a real mess with DXPeditions trying to upload individual radio/bands to one file to send to Club Log and LoTW… or a common log. This all worked fine back in the 80's with CT logging software and I'm sure N1MM+ with multi-multis saves to one Database…. I think for the casual operator who desires multiple copies and a couple bands banging QSO's out is still a long way from being there… Sure scrap HRD… and run N1MM for casual DXing… No way… It's time for a very serious programmer somewhere to come to work, ya think? Hope I haven't talked in circles too many times… DD

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭

I have tried to create 2 WSJT's to run.

I have even added a rig name for each one. And I still get the **** LOCK FILE Message.

I give up!!!!

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭

As an alternative to giving up, follow the instructions here. In your case you will have 2 x WSJTx. SM is not useful and is not employed. Only Flex is used, therefore simple to save to a Profile. You will not have Slices duplicating.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.