Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Loss of audio when amplifier is moved to operate

Options
I have a 6400M that works perfectly. I have an Ameritron ALS-600 that I would like to use. When I turn the amplifier on, everything is normal, but when I switch to operate, I lose all audio on the radio. I am using an ARB-704 relay interface. I have gone over the manual, and all settings on the radio are exactly as the manual shows. Ideas?

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

What cables do you have plugged in between the 6400M and the ARB-704? Especially, what do you have the ARB704 Radio jack connected to?

• WV5Q
    WV5Q Member ✭✭
    Options
    TX1 RCA to interface, Relay out of interface to amplifier. TX1 checked on TX Band Settings.
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

If you unplug the TX1 cable, does receive work again? I am wondering if the polarity of either TX1 or a jumper in the 704 is set wrong.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

You don't really need the 704, so you are safe to do what Len suggests and I would test without it.

• WV5Q
    WV5Q Member ✭✭
    Options
    Mike and Len (et al), That did it. Took the 704 and the associated cables out, only radio and amp connected with Coax. Perfect. All works FB now. Thanks.
  • WV5Q
    WV5Q Member ✭✭
    Options

I have received a couple of replies to my initial question and problem of, as soon as I switch the ALS to operate I lose all audio on the Flex. I have the RCA plugs to the Relay on the 600 and TX1 (turned on in TX menu). The ALC doesn't seem to cause a problem. I have also had the ALS 704 in line and that doesn't seem to make any difference. I am missing something here. Any suggestions? And to Len, as soon as I put the 600 back in standby I again have audio.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.