Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro not receiving

Options
MarkDu
MarkDu Member ✭✭

For some reason when booting up the Maestro C it will connect and the display comes up but it does not receive anything, I have found turning off the 6600M at home and then back on and rebooting the Maestro several times I get it to work. Any suggestions??

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Mark, I would submit a helpdesk ticket.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

A screen shot of your Maestro C would help.

Things that can contribute to no RX are:

• Wrong antenna
    • AGC-T set to 0
    • Antenna gain set to the wrong level

I would confirm these first.

• MarkDu
    MarkDu Member ✭✭
    Options

I used remote PC to logon to my shack PC. I took a pic of the antenna Genius and on the correct antenna.

Checked other settings and all good. If I reboot several times I sometimes get it to work. I know I must be doing something wrong.

• MarkDu
    MarkDu Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike I just rebooted the Maestro C and I also get this at times. I attached a pic.

Am I supposed to have multiFLEX enabled?

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Mark, somewhere in settings you can enable multiFlex. I think that it is disabled preventing the connection.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@markdu That does show that the radio is being used by another client. Try disconnecting it.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

@MarkDu

With the Maestro picture, and the black box, you have a network communications issue of some sort.

You'll need to work with support to get that resolved. Technically, your Vita49 data packets are getting blocked by some part of the network.

If it is on WiFi it could be the WiFi access point.

• MarkDu
    MarkDu Member ✭✭
    Options

The only other client would be the 6600M itself.

I cannot access the radio itself. I can run the SDR program on the PC but not the radio.

I do have the multiFlex running now with same results. See attached.

• MarkDu
    MarkDu Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike you nailed it. I am at work and I have a wireless access point at my business and just switch to it instead of the T-Mobil Franklin hotspot and it worked as soon as I changed to my company wireless on Fiber…

Thank You..

I will see how it goes. But I will have to do something with the T-mobile for when I go camping..

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

For others who have no RX go to "MENU", "Audio", then make sure "Main Audio OUT: is set to Maestro"

For those not using a headset make sure "Front Speaker: is Enabled".

I received my Maestro C yesterday and I am so far delighted with it except for a small issue I have ran across, I owned a Maestro A for a long time so I am somewhat familiar with the Maestro's Operation.

My issue: I have had three occasions on the Maestro C when the RX Audio will go away completely until I change bands or other major change and then it will come back and act normal.

It seems like it happens when there may be a increase in activity going between screens and the waterfall running at faster (default) settings. Slowing down the Screen FPS and Rate seems to help a bit, I do not run those settings very fast as I don't like a overly busy display.

I am running on Wireless so that may be a little bit of it but not the extended Audio Dropouts until I change something major.

NOTE: This is NOT a short pop in the audio that is caused by the port 4992 Data getting busy.

I am testing away here and if I can find a way to get it to happen all the time I will do a Help Desk ticket but for now it only happens once in a while.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Look at the Network indicator on the Maestro when the dropouts happen. Most likely it is the wireless connection that is causing the problem.

James

WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.