Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600 Ordered!! Need some advise!

Options
KN4FLF
KN4FLF Member, Unconfirmed
I mainly do digital work. WJST-X, Winlink, VARA, JS8 Call, etc. What software do I need to add to get setup for running these local and remote? I do have a Windows 10 machine that will set next to the 6600. Then I have a windows laptop, Surface Go, and iPad (with Smart SDR) I use when away from the shack. Is there a good reference on what I need to set with DAX and CAT to use these other programs? Thanks.

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

On the PC located with the 6600, you would run your digital programs as well as CAT and DAX. On your PC that is with you, you would run SmartSDR. You only need to run CAT on the PC by you if you are running an app there as opposed to running it on the PC by the rig. I would only run the digital programs on the PC by the rig.

Setting up CAT and DAX on the computer by the rig is no different that the setup that you would use when operating locally to the radio. The SmartSDR Software User Guide has the info that you need for set up.

I use TeamViewer or AnyDesk to control the PC by the rig. I can run my logging program (N3FJP) on either PC. When I am up camping, I usually run the logger at the rig so that I get DX spots without overloading my cell phone hotspot with the additional network traffic.

• KN4FLF
    Options
    Thanks Len!!
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

you can install SmartSDR on remote PC/Laptop with CAt and DAX, eliminating need for TeamViewer or VPN.

Either way. using SmartLink compresses the VITA49 data to use less bandwidth.
    Dave wo2x

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Do not try to do it all at once or you'll just frustrated.

Get to know the radio first, how to adjust AGC-T, get on the air on SSB and then Digital.

This playlist on YouTube is a must watch.

• KN4FLF
    Options
    Thanks!!