Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CWX delay too long

Options
Hi, on my 6400 using the CWX everything had always gone well, but since yesterday the delay in disconnecting the transmission has become much longer, about 5 seconds.
the DELAY is at 600. I may have inadvertently touched some keys on the keyboard.
What could be the cause?

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

What version of software?

You also want to check the TX Delay setting, it should be set to 40ms. As well, the CW Delay should be about 20-40ms.

In your posting, I am not sure exactly what value you have set to 600. Which screen is that in?

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Mike he is probably talking about the delay on the SmartSDR panel above the speed and side tone settings. Delay values 0-2000.

That said, you mention TX delay settings. That brings up a question as I was just talking to a friend yesterday that is having problems with a week old PGXL. The dream station article that Ken posted talks about adding a 40ms delay but I believe the PGXL documentation says if you are connected via network that its handled automatically.

I did not dig into that as I dont have a PGXL but I wanted to find out more about the delay for my own use but didn't see anything in the manual about TX delay. Maybe I missed it. Can you point me in the right direction?

EDIT: Found it in the manual. Was looking in the wrong document

Rich

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.