Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problem with smartlink

Options
sp7y
sp7y Member
I tried to connect my flex6400 with smart link and no success.
I did everything from manual from ios smartsdr (port forwarding etc.)
I see my radio in ios app but can't connect - port are tcp 4994, udp 4993.

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Did you do the PTT registration? Most people miss this part.

Do you get a green Test indication?

• sp7y
    sp7y Member
    Options
    Yes i did PTT registration, in auto and port forwarding I have red light.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Do you have a CGNAT IP Address?

Determining whether you have a Carrier-Grade NAT (CGNAT) WAN IP address at your home involves a few straightforward steps. CGNAT is often used by ISPs to alleviate IPv4 address exhaustion, by allowing multiple customers to share a single public IP address. Here’s how you can check if you’re behind a CGNAT:

1. Check Your IP Address: First, find out the WAN (external) IP address of your home internet connection. You can do this by visiting websites like whatismyipaddress.com, ipchicken.com, or simply searching "what is my IP" in a search engine.
    2. Compare with Known Ranges: Compare the IP address you found with the known IP ranges allocated for private networks and CGNAT use. The typical private IP ranges are:
      • 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255
      • 172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255
      • 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255
        If your WAN IP falls within these ranges, you are behind some form of NAT. Specifically, for CGNAT, the range often used is 100.64.0.0 to 100.127.255.255.
    3. Check IP Information: Use tools that analyze the geolocation and other details of your IP address. If the tools show the IP as being used by multiple users across different locations, it’s likely a CGNAT IP.
    4. ISP Documentation/Support: Check your ISP’s documentation or contact their support. Many ISPs openly state if they use CGNAT, especially in their service terms or FAQs for residential internet services.
    5. Router/Modem Settings: You can also check the WAN IP directly from your router or modem’s status page. This IP should match what you see on external websites; if it’s different and falls into private IP ranges, your ISP is likely using CGNAT.

These steps should help you determine if you’re under CGNAT. Being on CGNAT can affect certain online activities like hosting servers, peer-to-peer services, or complex gaming setups, where having a public IP address is crucial.

• sp7y
    sp7y Member
    Options
    Thanks Mike for help, I don't have public IP. I need to contact my internet provider.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.