Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Two Day old Maestro C developed image burn in

Options
Joe Bales
Joe Bales Member ✭✭
edited April 1 in Maestro

Hello,

I have a Maestro C delivered on Friday and used in in SmartControl Mode during the WPX SSB contest and just noticed the SmartControl Mode image has burned into the screen. I have powered off the Maestro and unplugged it but the image is there and seems to be burnt in permanently. See pictures attached. It is harder to see in the pan adapter picture you may need to zoom in.

I've put a help desk ticket in but not feeling that they will have a solution. I hope this is just a one unit incident as could only image if this ends up being an across the board issue. Anyone else notice this?

Joe - K4JKB

Tagged:

Answers

• Gord-VA7GP
    Gord-VA7GP Member ✭✭
    Options

😯☹️

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

This seems to be a unique issue. Please open a support ticket if you haven't already so it can be addressed.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 3
    Options

Just to update this. Just to be sure, we are replacing Joe's Maestro for him. This will allow us to investigate his unit in more detail.

This really isn't a burn-in issue. Burn-in is something that is related to CRT screens. I just want to get the right terminology here. The Smart Control menu is a highly contrasting menu.

Thanks to the way screens work today, it will likely go away after you change to a different type of screen and the liquid crystals to relax and return to their relaxed state, such as by turning off the monitor for a sufficiently long period of time (at least a few hours).

Anyway, Engineering is looking into this to understand the root cause. (There are a few other reasons as well).

This discussion has been closed.