Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WINLINK HF Radio Email

Options
WX7Y
WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
edited March 31 in Third-Party Software

I have been trying to figure out how to get WINLINK working on my 6700 so I can send and receive Email messages to my Friend who is on a sale boat in the gulf of Alaska but Tim's 10 year OLD instructions are not applicable any longer because the software referred to is Deprecated and not available any longer.

Has anyone been successful in getting WINLINK or other HF Packet EMAIL type software running with the software available these days?

MANY YEARS ago before everyone and there Dog had the Internet and Email now I was one of the few that ran a HF / VHF Email gateway BBS, man that was a long time ago and so much has changed since then.

Thanks

Bret/WX7Y

Comments

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 31
    Options

Have you seen this old primer from Tim at Flex?

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/201056839-Configuring-WinLink-RMS-Express-with-the-FLEX-6000-and-SmartSDR

https://groups.io/g/FlexRadioSmartSDR/topic/90745545#12747

These should point you in the right direction.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes and as I referred to in my original post that Tim's instructions are 10 years old and the instructions are not applicable any longer because the software referred to is Deprecated and not available any longer.

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I added a few more links to my reply Bret. Good luck and let us know what you discover.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you John, I will check that out, I guess I should have commented that WINMOR is no longer there as a option, I will try VARA HF 4.0.6

Thank you very much

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think I got it going John, thanks for the extra Links

73's Bret/WX7Y

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Another question, When VARA HF switch's bands the DAX RX fails and goes yellow and I have to manually stop and start that DAX RX channel, is this with something I have set wrong or a problem with DAX?

Thanks again John

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I’m just guessing… I can’t imagine that it would do that if you are using a single slice. If you are on a single A slice, and that slice is set for DAX channel 1, then it should still be set for DAX channel 1 after changing bands.

Are you testing with a single A slice?

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It seems to be something on my Desktop Computer, I installed it on my Laptop and it is solid as a rock, I have changed bands many times and DAX has not disabled itself.

I really don't need HF on the Desktop anyway unless I loose the internet.

I am running one Slice A and DAX CH1

Take care and thanks again for the information

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.