Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SHARES users

Options
My FLEX-6400 has the inability to transmit RF from 4.010.1 to 5.199.9 MHz.
Windows 11 SmartSDR v3.7.3
I hear modulation from the monitor, see a waveform on the Panadapter and TX Ready shows.
The Turf file opened the transceiver on all other frequencies needed.
Help Desk is getting a 6400 setup to try and duplicate.

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

I think this sounds like a hardware issue. The TURF files are pretty solid and others have used the same one without issue or modification.

Tim will resolve this with you.

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

This sort of issue can only be resolved by the Helpdesk.

I tested your situation on a 6600, but I was not able to recreate it. The only other information that would be useful would be the exact frequency rather than a range. I tried a dozen frequencies in that range and there was no issue.

If you use a watt meter on the radio into a dummy load, there is no RF showing on the watt meter? The easy way to test this is to set the Tune to 100%, push the tune button and see if you get 100 watts on the watt meter.

If you don't have a wattmeter/dummy load, it is something every ham should have for some basic testing. I'd recommend that you do what you can to acquire one. They are very handy.

• TOMALVORD
    TOMALVORD Member
    Options
    Thank you Mike,
    I did the tune into my dummy load. Results were no rf out. I attached an image.
    I'm working with the help desk.
    B)
  • Mike-VA3MW
    edited March 27
    Options

What happens if you turn DAX off (Blue box, middle right)

• TOMALVORD
    TOMALVORD Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    I tried DAX off, on, output none, or 1 no change as soon as I move the freq out of the dead zone 1 mHz; full output power.
    I think it might be a line or two of the code in the TURF file that opens the transmitter freq range interlock. I don't do programing, but my Tesla is completely controlled with software just as the Flex radio,

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.