Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT refuses to connect to 6400m

Options
Mike J
Mike J Member ✭✭

I have read every thread here and on 3 separate occasions, went step by step the directions on your YouTube Channel. Over the last 4 months, I have dedicated at least 4 hours each try. I can never get matching port #s. Tonight, I actually saw the receive turn green. But it was only laughing at me. My Flex and Computer are plugged into the same LAN, in fact, are plugged into the same router. SDR works flawlessly. I had 3 other radios that connected to my computer and HRD worked right away. HDR doesn't even see my Flex no matter what settings are entered.

You have to have a step by step instructional that doesn't go back 3 steps every other step you take forward? This is SDR. Computers. There should not be this complexity. In todays world, it should be plug and play.

Yesterday, I helped a friend with his 991A. I had his WSJT FT8 working perfectly in 15 minutes.

Answers

• Rick_KJ5WO
    Rick_KJ5WO Member ✭✭
    Options

I use Slice Master. If it see's WSJT-X on your computer it will set it up for you. Just make sure you have one slice set to DIGU and DAX set for that slice to 1-4 and it is ready. It really is a big help.

Hope it helps!

Rick...KJ5WO

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Just for fun, can you test what you are doing on a separate computer/laptop? Even as a test?

• Mike J
    Mike J Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike,

This is actually the 2nd computer connected. My shack computer started to have problems so I bought a new one about 6 months ago. They have the exact same problem when trying to set up the program. (Win10 Pro 32gig)

I have set up WSTJ on 6 computers in the last year. I had WSTJ running flawlessly on my Yaesu FT950 3 years ago I had it working on an Icom 706 Mk2g with an old laptop running through a USB sound dongle.

I have a laptop with a clean install on Win 10 that I am setting up for a controller for a Fusion internet linked repeater we (my club) is putting up on a County Tower that I did a new install of 3.7.4 and WJST 2.6.1 and tried. Same problem.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Any chance this is a firewall issue?

The firewall won't affect USB sound Cards, but it can inhibit the DAX (TCP/IP) audio stream as it is a network connection.

• Mike J
    Mike J Member ✭✭
    Options

Not a firewall problem. I have shut down all firewall/virus programs while trying to debug this. I can start up DAX and see the audio levels on the RX Streams and Mic Stream.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.