Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro C CW questions/issues

Options
Andrew O'Brien
Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭

A few things I notice when playing around with CW and the Maestro C.

Is there a sidetone volume control ? I find the volume unacceptably low and despite looking and looking , I found no place to increase the Maestro's sidetone volume.

When I had SmartSDR running on a computer in Dig-u and the Maestro in CW, turning break-in back on in the Maestro would not work until I went to the computer (in different room) and changed it to CW mode . Then I was successful in changing the Maestro so that break-in was back on.

I use Mode A for iambic keying . I tried Mode B just for a few minutes. Then I noticed when I enabled Mode A again, it was still in Mode B despite the display showing Mode A was enabled. I find that I have to press Mode A's button several times for it to eventually switch to Mode A correctly . I don't think latency was the issue, but I was using WiFi .

I like the ability to set the six F-keys to send different CW "macros". That will work well for most of my needs . However, I looked for a CWX icon in the Maestro's settings and did not find any. Is the usual CWX function common to PSDR and SSDR not an option in the Maestro?

Comments /advice appreciated.

Andy K3UK

Tagged:

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Did you presss the TX MENU button? :)

Push the middle outer button on the right side while in CW mode and you get the CW settings.

Easily missed, but that is where you can adjust various CW settings.

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks ! it was missed , despite lots of looking . My ears are happy now .

• S53K
    S53K Member
    Options
    > @Mike-VA3MW said:
    > Did you presss the TX MENU button? :)
    >
    Mike,

I get C model today. I try to push TX Menum but does not work...
    On B was just OK...

any sugestions ?

tnx

Simon NA3AA / S53K
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

It does work but you have to be in CW mode.

If it doesn't work, you might have a defective button. You should feel it click.

• S53K
    S53K Member
    Options
    Mike,

I used A,B, and now C model. So lets talk as OT user Flexradio EQ. :)

I heard Click, Power and Mic are ok ...
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Options

Ok, then it is time to open a support ticket.

• S53K
    S53K Member
    Options
    Mike,
    its a mechanical button problem. Others are "hard click" sound, Thoose one just "half" of the others. I try it few times and I came to TX Menu, but thats not whats need to be.Will send it back to customer and change it.
    :(

tnx & CU

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.