Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M and Koss SB45

Options
VladSF
VladSF Member, Unconfirmed ✭✭
Hi,
I was wondering if someone can help me figure out what i am doing wrong.
I am very new to flex and figuring things out :)
Youtube channel been a great help!

But anyway i am having trouble figuring out why my SB45 is not working with 6600m
I have audio but mic is not working.
I am using 3.5mm jacks for mic and audio.

Answers

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

If it has an electret mic Is bias On?

• VladSF
    edited March 1
    Options
    I do haveBIAS on and +20 on, but not sure what kind of mic it is
  • Tim K9WX
    Tim K9WX Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The Amazon page for the Koss SB45 says it is an electret mic. For what that is worth.

I had a similar problem with the Yamaha CM500 headset. No mic audio. It turned out the bias voltage from the Flex did not match up with the bias voltage need of the headset and I had to make an adapter cable. See this post for more info: Yamaha CM500 hookup to 6600? — FlexRadio Community

I'm not saying that this IS the problem in your case, just one possible avenue of investigation.

Tim K9WX

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I use an SB45 with my 6400. When I get home this afternoon I'll let you know how I have it configured.

Make sure DAX is OFF

• VladSF
    Options
    Thank you guys for your replies, still figuring it out.
    May be when i order a foot pedal time to think about a diff headset too
  • Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

VladSF; Sorry I did not follow up. I am still not near my radio but I believe I just have the two 3.5mm plugs form the SB45 in the appropriate Mic and Phones jacks.

• VladSF
    Options
    Let me know when you make it to the radio
    I still have no TX, from other replies I feel I need to make an adapter but if your work maybe I have smth wrong in settings
  • VladSF
    Options
    In my KX3 I just plug it in and it’s works
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Vlad, do you have your radio set for Mic input with enough gain to put the peak indicator somewhere around -5 dB and the +ACC and DAX buttons off?

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 5
    Options

VladSF: Here's what I found. It appears that the tip and the ring of the 3.5mm mic connector on the SB45 are wired together. So if you plug it directly into the radio there is no signal between the tip and the ring.

I can't find the drawing I made initially and I did not disassemble the adaptor I made so I believe this is correct.

I made an adaptor wired like this:

Mic--------->Radio

T

R------------>Tip

S------------>R & S

I hope that helps.

• VladSF
    Options
    Thank you
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

You may find that a TRS to TS adapter (Amazon) solves this quickly.

I did forget to mention, that is what I had to add on the Mic jack on the back of the radio.

• VladSF
    Options
    Thanks Mike will look
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options
  • VladSF
    Options
    Got smth similar just different brand thx
  • VladSF
    edited March 7
    Options
    Got it working, thank you all for help.
    So now I assume I create a profile for it and customize.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.