Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How do I delete ALL the macros in CWX?

Options

I asked this question a year or maybe more ago. I was told how easy it was. One person even told me I was the problem!

Wel, I have now upgraded to V 2.12.0 and the CWX macros are still there. When I use a contest program and invoke the macros in there, N1MM+ and now even with SDC, if I click on the F1 macro in the contest program, I get the CWX macro taking over.

OK, so tell me how easy it is once again please!☹️

73 de Roger, G3LDI

Best Answer

Answers

• Roger G3LDI
    Roger G3LDI Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Mike.

Yes, I realise that and the same applies to SDC, they both have their own macros. However, it happens infrequently but enough to be annoying. I can hit F1 in the contest program and the CWX macro sends. I inherited these from Malcolm G3PDH. When I got my Flex he sent me his profiles to get going quickly.

Ever since, despite several upgrades I have had this CWX problem. Trouble is they have Malcolm's call in there and I just want to delete the lot. I have even deleted each one individually for every profile and after rebooting they return again. If there is a way to delete them permanently please let me know. Otherwise I am going to have to delete every Flex profile and start over......

Incidentally I now have clean CW at last after 6 years of dropouts, now running V 2.12.0 which seems clean.

🤩😁

73 de Roger, G3LDI

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Roger:

I have not used CWX until recently, after the CW fixes were made to the software. I ran into at least one of your issues. I'm assuming that you are using a Windows PC

You may have the situation where Windows is focused on the SSDR window. When you depress the function key it sends the the appropriate CWX message, and of course the opposite true when windows is focused on the N1MM window. Can you turnoff CWX feature (gray out the CWX at the bottom of the SSDR screen) by clicking on it.

In the SSDR Radio Setup screen," RADIO" page, you will find a Focus Helper section, In the Program selection window change that from"OTHER" to N1MM (drop down). SSdR will give the WINDOWS focus back to N1MM after the "DELAY" selected in the adjacent window. Do not set the Delay too short.

As far as deleting the CWX messages I just high lite the text and press the "Delete " Key. Save your profiles and preferences to your own set of profiles.

I hope that I have understood your problem and the above helps.

Gayle K0FLY

• Roger G3LDI
    Roger G3LDI Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Gayle.

Many thanks for your message with suggestions.

The CWX function is grayed out on my Flex all the time.

I am using SDC now for CW/RTTY contests and the Focus is set to OTHER for that reason. It doesn't matter if I use that or N1MM as my contest program. It doesn't matter which program I use, the problem happens, NOT all the time as I have explained and I can quickly stop it but I would rather have all those CWX macros deleted.

Befor writing this I just tried again with several profiles, highlighting all the text and deleting it. I then went to the first profile I had deleted and they were all back again. Verey strange.

73 de Roger, G3LDI

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Roger,

Try this,

1) save your current global profile,

2)export your profile but disable the export of preferences

3) Do a factory reset of the radio

4) Import the profiles that you just exported

5) load your just saved global profile

AL, K0VM

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Roger

Even though CWX is grayed out, you can still send CW by hitting the F keys while the computer focus is in SmartSDR.

To clear a string for F1 for example, Click on CWX, move your mouse to the text, and backspace over it to delete it. Then Hit ENTER. This saves your blank field.

As a test, while SmartSDR is in Focus, hit F1 and nothing should send.

Do that for F2 and all the others.

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Mike:

You are correct on CWX. I have a logi tech wireless keyboard which works differently, however, if I plug a standard Dell usb keyboard into the PC the function keys work as you described for the CWX function.

Roger:

To get the SSDR to pass the Windows focus back to N1MM, do the following in N1MM configuration, by changing SSDR to talk to M1MM in the focus helper screen we are telling the radio to send data on UDP port 12060, however, we have NOT told N1MM to listen on that port.

Go to N1MM Config drop down, select "Configure Ports, mode control, Winkey, etc. In the N1MM Configurer Screen, Select the "Broadcast Data" page, on the left side of that page, Data Column, Select "Application info" (check the box). The SSDR client should/will pass Windows focus back to N1MM after the designated delay time. Checking the radio box also appears to work.

AL:

Did you catch the 6 meter opening to SA Wednesday? I didn't make the lunch today, I'm still recovering from this RSV crud, you guys don't need it. And I had the vaccination for it.

73 all

Gayle K0FLY

roger:

• Martin_G4ENZ
    Martin_G4ENZ Member ✭✭
    Options

I connected to Roger's SSDR configuration this afternoon through TeamViewer. I can confirm that what he has going on is strange and not something I see on my own configuration.

I opened CWX setup so that I could see the macros associated with F1-F12 and then in Profile Manager, I skipped around the many profiles that Roger has stored. The Macros remained unchanged as I changed profile just as I would expect.

Next, I completely deleted all of the Macros F1-F12 and just for good measure saved the profile. I switched to a new profile and b a n g the Macros reappeared. I switch back to the profile I just saved and THE MACROS WERE BACK. Where did it find them?

It suggests to me some serious corruption in some pointer somewhere but I have no idea where. I looked about to see if I could discern where CWX Macros are stored but there was no sign on the PC. I guess they are somewhere in memory in the Flex itself.

As Roger has a profile for every operating scenario, I can well appreciate why he doesn't want to delete them all and start from scratch. It's just a pity that CWX seems to have become entangled with the profile management in SSDR. CWX and profiles appear completely detached in my 6600 v3.6.8 setup.

73 Martin

• Roger G3LDI
    Roger G3LDI Member ✭✭
    Options

To answer Gayle again, both boxes are ticked. I might mention here that this also happens when I am running SDC. Malcolm G3PDH also has the same problem but he has just updated to the latest V 3 so he is going to do some more tests.

73 de Roger, G3LDI

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

He might need a new SD card.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.