Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Antenna Genius 8x2 - Lost connection to network

Options
KI5RLR
KI5RLR Member ✭✭

My AG lost connection to my local area network after a reboot. I have tried resetting with DIP #7 and also tried loading the bootloader with DIP #8.

The ethernet port LEDs flash on and off, over and over. At the switch there is no lights indicating a connection of any sort. I have tried different cables, switches, etc.

Has anyone had this issue and resolved it?

Thanks

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Have you tried a different cable or network switch?

It sounds like your Router is not assigning it an IP address. Can you tell by looking at the DHCP page in your router?

• KI5RLR
    KI5RLR Member ✭✭
    Options

It has worked for nearly a year. It has an IP assigned to it by my routers DHCP server.

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

If you've swapped the cable and router and that's made no difference nor has resetting it, probably time to log a helpdesk ticket with 4O3A.

Rich

• KI5RLR
    KI5RLR Member ✭✭
    Options

I got one of my old routers and was able to connect to it no problem. I am guessing the problem is with my current network, perhaps a recent firmware update changed something drastically enough that it will not let the AG connect. I am using Ubiquiti network gear for my station... and they did roll out some updates about the same time as this problem occurred, but it was not like the AG dropped as soon as I updated the firmware... weird. Also, not only will my Ubiquiti gear not connect to it, the ethernet port on the Ubiquiti switches, router, etc do not even light up.

I tried setting a static IP in the AG, but that did not help. Any suggestions?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I have 1 switch that 4O3A devices do not play well with and I think it has to do with the AutoNegotiation, but I am guessing at this point.

• KI5RLR
    KI5RLR Member ✭✭
    Options

After performing numerous hard resets on the AG it popped back up. Not sure what the problem was.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.