Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR update version 3.7.3 - how do I recover the radio?

Options
I have a Flex-6400m that was working fine until I tried updating it to version 3.7.3 of SmartSDR. The radio threw an error saying the update process took too long. Now the radio won't boot. The Maestro appears to be booting but the network connection is erratic between it and the radio. The radio draws an IP address on my network but the Maestro apparently cannot; probably due to whatever issue is keeping the radio from booting. I've done many firmware / software updates across the years without problems. I've got a help desk ticket opened (of course it was the end of the day when the update failed). Hopefully the issue can be resolved remotely. Matt - KC5DBH

Comments

• Jack
    Jack Member ✭✭
    edited February 22
    Options

My Flex 6700 took the 3.7.3 OK but toasted my Maestro where is boots, did the upgrade, but lost the ability to see the "Maestro" server claiming a Certificate issue. I am letting it keep trying to connect to the FLEX or MAESTRO server for the past 13 hours. I am sure they will iron out the kinks. SDR is complicated and we have to be patient sometimes. Bye the way the 6700 is super stable in all facets so far with 3.7.3. Hang in there. I have one of the original "when they came out" MAESTROS. It's been a h3ll of a hobby! They won't let you say H3LL so I mis-spelled it. Looks to be a great call sign!

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

In both cases, please open a support ticket to get this resolved.

thanks

• Jack
    Jack Member ✭✭
    Options

Can you Mike suggest how in depth this fix will be as I am away from home at the moment. In the past I had issues that were solved with one visit. Can you guess about how long if it is apparent why the Maestro declines to connect to my 6700 when the Certificate has EXP DATE of 2042? Should I wait until I have a few days free to have you guys take a look? Lastly will it be perhaps something on the 6700 because I can just leave it on at your pleasure to visit and should I have to be here to cycle the Maestro? Just trying to make it easy on you guys. No Hurry here. Thanks!

J. Horil & Family

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Jack

Good questions. I don't work with this sort of problem on a daily basis, but the support team does.

I opened a support ticket for you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.