Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Need Help with Distortion using DAX RX Stream(s)

Options
jerry stern
jerry stern Member ✭✭
edited February 21 in DAX

Hadn’t used my Flex 6700 for a few weeks due to work/travel. I wanted to test a new headset (Heil Pro Set Elite H6). I followed the method setting the radio to Duplex, USB or LSB, 2 slices - A set for XVTR for TX and B using any ANT for RX. I streamed the RX audio by DAX Ch 1 to Audacity running on PC. Made sure all the DAX and Audacity settings were NOT overdriving. Heard lots of distortion on the recorded WAV file. However, no distortion using ‘Quick Record’ on Slice B. Also checked with nearby receiver and TX audio over the air was very clean. I then checked some digital modes that need DAX RX, such asa WSJTX which I have used a lot on my 6700. All signals on waterfall were blurry and could not be decoded.  I confirmed same problem using Duplex, 2 slices and instead of XVTR using ANT1 for TX into a dummy load with Power at 1W and clean RF audio on TX but vert distorted DAX audio stream.  I tried each of the 8 DAX RX channels all the same results. I tried to attach a wav file demonstrating the distortion but the website doesn't allow it it seems. 

I have not tested whether the DAX TX stream is also distorted. That’s my next step to setup the IC-705 with a second laptop and see if it can decode the 6700 DAX TX stream.

Sounds like a problem with DAX audio streams.  I did do a complete hard-reset per Flex Help Desk and no change.

Any advice before I open a return ticket?

73 Jerry NY2KW

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

If you think you have an issue, please take a moment and open a support ticket.

• jerry stern
    jerry stern Member ✭✭
    Options

I opened a ticket last week and Ken Wells was fantastic in replying and helping me resolve it. He found some corrupted Virtual Audio's from another app that once removed, cleaned everything up. Great customer support that points out another compelling reason why FlexRadio is so far superior to the competition.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.