Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Why Won't Flex Respond??

Options
I'm normally pretty patient, but after placing my order over a month ago, I cannot get email replies, sales doesn't pick up the phone (it goes direct to voicemail) and my messages are not returned. I dropped over $16,000 for what I thought was a dream setup, but I don't know when items will be in stock or will ship....just a simple communication would help align my expectations. I'm regretting my decision....
Questions: Is this typical for Flex Radio? Do you guys get acceptable post-sales support?
The voice recordings say all of the items I ordered have been shipping (Tuner Genius "within a few days", and Maestro C as of last December.). Are there larger supply problems here?

Answers

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My experience with this has been all over the map. At the moment I'm having the same problem. I just sent yet another request to support asking them to reply to a response I sent them over three weeks ago and haven't heard a peep and I have to say that's been pretty typical.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited February 14
    Options

@dschmid4

I would be happy to look into this for you, but I have no idea who you are.

A callsign or your email address would help.

If you called sales and didn't leave a message, we can't call you back.

Often, if you call and we don't answer the phone, often we are on the phone with another customer. Ham operators do like to talk when they call us and share their entire story.

@Russ Ravella Both Tim and Ken both answered you in a timely manner. I'm looking at your case now. Given your issue, it is up to engineering to schedule software repairs, and I know it can be painful to wait. Thanks for patience.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited February 14
    Options

@dschmid4

Oh, I think I found your order.

The Maestro C has not yet started to ship, and hopefully will by next week. However, your Maestro C might not ship until the end of April or early May due to the very large backlog ahead of your order.

I can't speak on the TGXL 1x3 at the moment, but fulfillment is looking into it.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Recently I had a failure in my 6400. I opened a ticket.

Tim replied quickly with some diagnostic steps for me to follow. After determining that it was not operator error he set up an RMA for me.

I sent the radio to Flex and the same day they received the unit they put me in the repair queue and sent me an estimated date that the bench repair would start.

That date was about 3 weeks after they received the radio.

The repair was completed 2 days before their estimated date to start the repair and returned to me.

Aside from the fact that a shorted capacitor on the PA board sufficiently damaged the PCB to warrant replacement at a cost of about $600 I'm a happy camper.

Good communication both ways.

Once more...just my $0.02...

• dschmid4
    dschmid4 Member
    Options
    Mike, thanks. My replies:
    "I would be happy to look into this for you, but I have no idea who you are. A callsign or your email address would help." --> In my OP I didn't leave you my email or callsign as I wasn't thinking I'd get a reply from someone at Flex for my particular case. Glad you found my order anyway; thank you very much for the reply.

"If you called sales and didn't leave a message, we can't call you back." --> I did.

"Often, if you call and we don't answer the phone, often we are on the phone with another customer. Ham operators do like to talk when they call us and share their entire story." --> Not sure about all that, but I'm not fitting the mold you describe. I left a concise / crisp message.

On Jan 23, Cathy Clark told me she was checking on the TGXL and would get back with me but never did, and since she is not responding to emails. Will you please come back to me after checking with fulfillment?

Most important to me is to have reasonable communications after investing so much money. While disappointing, I guess this forum is the way to get a reply. Thanks again Mike!
  • dschmid4
    dschmid4 Member
    Options
    Geoff - thank you for sharing your experience; perhaps my experience so far is an anomaly.
  • Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 14
    Options

Mike,

Please check your facts before responding. Ken responded to my request to forward the issue to Tim on 1/22. Tim then responded with a suggestion. The suggestion did not work. I responded to Tim also on 1/22, telling him so. Then again on 1/24 and again on 2/9. It is now 2/14 and Tim has not responded since 1/22.

I realize he is very busy - Ken told me as much - but it's been over 3 weeks and three requests for a response with nothing. This is indeed not unusual.

Note: I did not ask you bug him on my behalf. I was simply providing an accurate response to discmid4's question. Your response to me obfuscates my response to him.

Russ KR6W