Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Loosing CAT ports nr after reboot

Options

Hi

Since a couple off week, after installing the latest version of smartsdr, I am loosing the device nr for the cat ports.

Checking with CommNameArbiterTool, the ports are present but no Kernel name and therefore not recognized by my programs like Logger32 JTDX etc.

I have to remove the ports from CATSDR close CAT and start again to create the ports.

Is this a known problem?

Thanks

Didier (****)

F6DXE

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

This is a windows problem. Please open a support ticket.

• Didier F6DXE
    Didier F6DXE Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the answer Mike. I will contact them.

btw, I like your videos.

Didier (****)

• Martin_G4ENZ
    Martin_G4ENZ Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike - Do they have a work around or are they just collecting numbers?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

They have a procedure to resolve it.

Sometimes, it is a 100% windows issue causing it. I had 1 friend who had it and reinstalled Windows and the problem disappeared.

You can try this: https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/205665325-How-to-Repair-the-FlexVSP-Virtual-Serial-Port-Driver

• Didier F6DXE
    Didier F6DXE Member ✭✭
    edited February 17
    Options

Hi,

I found the problem, there was another vsp manager loaded.

I did remove the flex vsp manager and the other one.

Restarted windows.

Did a new installation of the flex vsp in the proper C:\applications directory.

Restarted windows and everything works ok now.

Restarting windows between processes is needed to clean the windows stacks

Thanks for your help

Didier (****)

F6DXE

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    Options

One rule of good operation:

ALWAYS close CAT before restarting your computer, and ESPECIALLY before allowing Windows to auto-reboot the computer after Windows Updates.

Sometimes Windows Update's "auto-reboot" does not do so "gracefully."

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

That explains a lot.

I had a problem with the Icom drivers a few years ago. And, I had been using the Eltima software.

I eventually had to rebuild the computer from scratch to solve the problem even though I had uninstalled anything to do with the serial ports.

thanks for sharing.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.