Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MUST update to use SSDR for Windows and Smartlink ?

Options

I have not used SSDR for Windows in quite a while. Today, while on holiday down south, when I tried remote access to my 6600, it provided an UPDATE button and after clicking that it said that the PC and rig must be on same network to update . So, I cannot use an older version at all when trying to operate remotely ? It is not a a major problem since I am still able to log in and operate via my Iphone and SSDR for Iphone.

Andy K3UK

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Andy, the rig and client (SmartSDR, Maestro, etc) must be on the same version. If don't want to (or can't) update the rig, just load the same version to your computer that your rig is on.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

To follow on what Len said.

What version of SmartSDR is on the Radio? That is the version you need to run on your remote PC.

Assuming you have been keeping up to date, you should be able to download the version you need from the web site.

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks , I have the correct versions now.

Andy K3UK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.