Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

3.6.8 and CW

Options
KD0RC
KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I'm not much of a contester, but this weekend I managed to participate in two of them. One was the CQ 160 meter CW contest and the other was Winter Field Day. Just for fun, I limited myself to CW during WFD.

So a whole weekend of nothing but CW, and my 6400 running 3.6.8 ran perfectly. While the CW dropout problem only happened rarely to me, this weekend it didn't happen at all. Since upgrading, I have had quite a few longish CW ragchews without a single problem, so I think version 3.6.8 well and truly fixed the CW issue.

Comments

• johnn1jm
    johnn1jm Member ✭✭
    Options

👍

John N1JM

• DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Can confirm that on my side as well.

Volker

• John G3WGV
    John G3WGV Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, I think this longstanding and extremely frustrating bug has finally been fixed. Just in time for me - I was giving serious consideration to abandoning FlexRadio in favour of a new FTdx101D!

• K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The new firmware resolved about half of my HelpDesk tickets. Great job.

K1ESE

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah, this was a great update. I've not seen a single complaint about CW in the almost month since it was released. Several other things were fixed as well.

Not only that but in the years I've owned my Flex I can't remember a s/w release that wasn't accompanied by serious new issues - often major ones. This time there doesn't seem to have been any. Flex has said they've hired a "test engineer" in leu of beta testing and (s)he seems to have hit the ball out of the park on this one.

My only concern is whether they'll keep it up. I had a very informative interaction with Steve Hicks on another forum but he didn't respond to my last reply to him trying to understand Flex's commitment to their ham business in concrete terms. That was disappointing.

Hopefully 3.7 will address the collection of MultiFlex bugs. The "Flex Insider" on 12/15 said v3.7 would be released "in conjunction with the shipment of the new Maestro" which will hopefully be in the next couple of weeks. One could imagine MultiFlex being part of that "conjunction" ? Anyway, super job on this update !

Russ KR6W

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Russ

Flex has said they've hired a "test engineer" in leu of beta testing and (s)he seems to have hit the ball out of the park on this one.

Not quite true, and I am not sure where you heard that. We still have our Alpha Test team, and Nicholas who manages them.

• k0oks
    k0oks Member ✭✭
    edited February 12
    Options

I sent them specific instructions as to how to reproduce the error, hence it got fixed.

Like a mechanic, developers can only fix what they can reproduce. So until they were able to actually see it there was no way they could even begin to fix it, even if they wanted to.

Lesson being-- if you want something fixed (with any software) spend some time and develop a series of reproducible steps to recreate the bug. And send them to support (and post here as well).

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 12
    Options

Mike:

I heard it from Steve Hicks and also from Tim at different times. Are you saying they misled me ? I don't think so ...

k0oks:

There were obviously several issues with CW and only time will tell if they all got fixed though so far, it seems they did. I'm glad to hear the one you reproduced was among them.

Russ KR6W

• k0oks
    k0oks Member ✭✭
    Options

If you encounter any more, narrow them down to something reproducible and report them...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.