Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Does Maestro or SmartSDR have a Voice Memory Keyer?

Options
Neal Pollack, N6YFM
Neal Pollack, N6YFM Member ✭✭
edited January 23 in Contesting

I am going to start doing more SSB. I googled and looked in the user manual, but I can't find if SmartSDR or the Maestro has a Voice Memory Keyer, for calling CQ for example?

If it does not, what is the most popular voice memory keyer that people are using?

Cheers,

Neal, N6YFM

Best Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited January 23 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Neal

It doesn't have an internal voice keyer.

VoiceKeyers are generally built into the Contest logging software such as N1MM.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Neal, there is no built in voice keyer but K9DUR has one that is specifically made for SmartSDR.

I have never used it, so I can't attest to its usability, but other K9DUR utilities that I have used are top notch.

Answers

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, SmartSDR for Mac has a Voice Keyer built directly into the program. Works really well.

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Probably due for Ver 4 of SSDR😶

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

While we have not yet fully sketched out what V4 might look like, a voice keyer was not high on the list.

However, always subject to change. I will pass on the request just in case it can easily be scooped into the design.

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It would be nice if there was a way to execute voice keying macros via the Maestro .

Andy K3UK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.