Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Cannot open my Mic profiles Box up in Smartsdr on my pc

Options

I have removed flex off my Pc and reinstalled Smartsdr back on and still unable to open the Mic profile box to make new profiles

Done A win update on Win using win10 still same problem - Everything else is ok with Smartsdr prog except for Profile box just wont open

Can anyone help .

Goctp Dave

Best Answer

• davidsmart
    davidsmart Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Mike Thanks for the advice not tried that yet? will do that before i update - 0k cleaned out my %appData% - it didnt make a difference -same problem .

DELETED last version of SmartSDR off my system /rebooted/ also rebooted Flex 6600 installed new software and everthing is now working again -beginning to think it was one of win 10 updates did something to the PC as it happened just b4 Christmas.

Anyway thanks Guys fer the info and advice - like the discussions help board as their a lot of nice people willing to help each other with problems-many thanks

David G0CTP

Fantastic Program

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Dave, Can you open Profile Manager and see a list of mic profiles under the Microphone tab?

Here is what the first part of mine looks like:

• davidsmart
    davidsmart Member ✭✭
    Options

Happy New year Len - Thanks for the reply but none of the boxes will not show on my desktop at all for the mic when clicking on them - profile manager/global/and others in the list.

Everything else works on the program just the Mic section not working when trying to save a profile

• Rick_KJ5WO
    Rick_KJ5WO Member ✭✭
    Options

I use several monitors and sometimes I lose one of the screens I opened. You might try mousing over the SDR icon on the taskbar to see if it is open and hiding behind another screen.

Good luck!

Rick, KJ5WO

• davidsmart
    davidsmart Member ✭✭
    Options

Happy New year Rick - already tried that - no such luck hi..

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi David, try a factory reset. Do an export of your profiles first.

If that does not help, submit a help desk ticket.

• davidsmart
    davidsmart Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Len already tried that , but thanks for the tip -See a new version came out SmartSDR v3.6.8 so i will try that to see if i have same problem,If so it must be win 10 thats causing it.

Thanks anyway David G0CTP

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

It sounds like it is ‘off the screen’ someplace.

Updating the software likely won’t make a difference. Deleting all the App Data might.

• davidsmart
    davidsmart Member ✭✭
    Options

HI Mike Thanks for the advice - cleaned out my %appdata% that didnt work for me. Anyway uninstalled SmartSDR off my computer once again - Rebooted PC / Rebooted Flex 6600 and reinstalled latest version of SmartSDR and everything is now working ok.

I got this problem just b4 Christmas when i had a Win10 update so I am beginning to think it was that.

Anyway thanks to everbody that gave me good advice and thanks to the Flex discussions board that we Hams can ask for help

Thanks everyone

David G0ctp

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.