Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anniversary.

Options
Neil D Friedman N3DF
Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
edited January 17 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Six years of great pleasure operating my 6600M. In 57 years as a radio amateur, I do not think I have operated any other transceiver as my primary rig for as long.

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Neil

I was alway buying something new, but I bought my 6300 back in 2013 I thing and my buddy va3sk is still using it every day and on the same SD card.

I have in my shack a IC-7100, IC-7300, FT-991a, K4D and had an IC-7610. They are all interesting radios but I still use my 6600 everyday. Even when I am a the cottage where the HF remote base is, it is still my number 1 go to radio. The answer would be the same if I didn’t do what I do here.

All those radios work just fine in their own way, but they are all essentially the same. Nothing integrates into everything else as nicely as a FLEX-6000 does. The ability for it to connect to multiple different things is such a great feature.

We often tell those that call us on the phone on a tight budget to find a used 6300 and then all the latest software to it. Now they are current. I could never say that about any other radio before. And, I owned all 3 IC-756’s. :)

Thanks for the kind words. 73

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.